So much to be thankful for...

on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sean, Bella and myself are in Alabama for the Thanksgiving holiday and I feel so happy and at peace. With the big meal underway and a fire in the living room where my family is gathered, my thoughts keep drifting to those who are not as fortunate as I am. With the chaos that comes with school, work and life, I find myself forgetting how wonderful my life really is.

I'll freely admit that I'm guilty of complaining about not having enough money or clothes to wear, and of thinking more about what I can spend on my loved ones rather than dedicating more of my time to spend with them. The reality is, I have NOTHING to complain about. I have a warm and loving home with my soul mate always by my side. I am fortunate to have a boss and a job that works around my schedule and allows me to study for school. I have amazing friends who I consider some of the kindest and most amazing people to ever grace this planet. I am healthy as is my family, and we always are there for one another at a moments notice.

The truth is that I am so lucky to have everything that I need AND want. I couldn't and shouldn't ask for more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment