Justice...sort of.

on Monday, February 1, 2010

I am pleased that justice was served yesterday. Dr. George Tiller's murderer, Scott Roeder, was found guilty on all 3 charges; 1st degree murder and 2 counts of aggravated assault. Even thought the DA is not seeking the death penalty, they are looking to give him 50 years to life. The man will rot in prison. It's a travesty that my tax dollars will feed this monster, but death is too good for him. In fact, the real travesty is that he can't be punished in the very ways his bible condones, an eye for an eye! Even though that wouldn't make Dr. Tiller come home to his family, I still think it would make for some juicy, heated christian hypocrisy debate. The sickest part of it all is that he believes (as well as many others, I'm sure) that his God will reward him for a job well done! Ha! I honestly don't know where to draw the line between religious people and mental health patients.

But I'll sleep a little better knowing that Mr. Roeder will have a whole new set of sins to worry about. Namely, sodomy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment